Procrastination sucks productivity. We all put things off from time to time and that is normal. The problem arises when you constantly put off things until the last minute. I have been known to put my feet up for a bit too long myself. This is the complete opposite of multitasking.
Procrastination can negatively impact your life including your relationships. It can also influence your health and not in a good way.
Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.
There are many ways to stop procrastion. Here are a few that might help you begin the process.
- You do not have to suffer from procrastination. Make tiny steps to free yourself.
- Ask a friend to be your accountability partner. This will help you do what you need to do when you should.
- Make a list. Something magical happens when I cross things off of my list. Okay, maybe not really but I do enjoy it.
- Breakdown the task into smaller components. This will make the task seem less traumatic.
- Take a walk. A change in your surroundings may incite extra energy and an altered mood.
- Set goals. This will help you visualize the end.
- Use productivity tools. In this day and age, technology can be your friend. Make use of different productivity apps that will make you more efficient.