The other day a client asked me what does work life balance really look like. Then she asked me how to achieve work life balance in her life. Inside I was cringing because I have asked myself that question many times and never give the same answer twice. Also I am not sure it exists.
Here are my 5 tips to make life easier:
- Work -life balance (I will call it sanity) is not always a 50-50 proposition. In my life it never is. There are times when it is 30-70, 60-40, or some other percentage. Some days I am doing more writing than other things. It revloves around how you govern your self. Make sure your are doing what you are supposed to be doing and not drifting off into something else.
- Make sure you have rest days. Those are the days when your schedule is clear and you can actually read that article you started. I mark my rest days on my calendar which makes me feel less guilty.
- You are not an airpline so do not double-book yourself. That may work great for the airline industry but it is difficult to do if you are one person.
- First htings first. Prioritize your tasks. You cannot do everything at once so do what is important. I wrote about that in a previous post.
- If the world will not explode if you do not do something learn to say no. Let others step up to the plate.
I hope this blog inspires you to look at your life in a new way so that you may achieve greater sanity.