Head, swirling around my head this week. The random things I read/thought/heard about this week in no particular order or importance. I have not been focused on any one thing so this week is completely random. I think swirling should be random, don’t you?
- I have not ventured into the world of online dating. I am afraid to. I just think that people lie on there. So this article about what profiles would look like if people were honest intrigued me. And for the record, I do not just think the men lie. I know some women who lie on their profiles as well and then get upset when they discover the men they chose lied.
- When I travel I am always looking for the best deal on hotel rooms. I use Expedia, Travelocity, booking.com and a few other sites. If you are looking for a bargain, check out these tips.
- There has been a lot of talk about abuse these days. The one type that is rarely mentioned is financial abuse. Why aren’t the policy makers working on a solution to that? Just because it is hard to see does not mean that it does not exist.
- Do you think the NFL would have reacted quicker and sterner if the woman Ray Rice hit was white? I do not want to believe that, but I think it is quite possible. Are African American women valued less than their white counterparts? Think about it carefully before you answer.
- I never think about how I am supposed to behave in a workplace bathroom. I also did not know there were 19 rules of etiquette for such an occasion. I guess I need to pay closer attention.
Those were the things swirling around my head this week. Next week they will be completely different.