Meatless cheeseburger stroganoff recipe
I do miss a good cheeseburger even now and then. Hopefully this will satisfy that craving.
Meatless cheeseburger stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small sweet onion, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 4 veggie burger patties crumbled (I used Amy’s organic California burgers)
- 1-1/2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt or fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooked egg noodles or pasta, for serving
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a large pan. Add in the sweet onion and the mushrooms and cook until slightly softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the crumbled veggie burgers and cook until the veggie burgers are browned.
- To the pan, add in the vegetable broth and the Greek yogurt and bring to a simmer. Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese and cook just until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and serve over warm egg noodles or pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.